Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Soup Fest and ABBA

So, tonight, and rather out of the blue, Ashley invited Jason and I to join her and Gayle at the Living Rock Fundraiser, "Soup Fest." It was held at Liuna Station which, by the way, is a gorgeous building if you have never been. It was a lot of fun! When you hear "Soup Fest" I am pretty sure you don't think "oh, I bet there will be about 20 different kinds of soup to choose from, live music, and pretty twinkling lights and displays!" But that's exactly what it was! I got to eat "Funky Limon Tiger Shrimp, Asian Pear and Coconut Rum Soup" (that's all in one) while listening to a choir sing "Dancing Queen" by ABBA. I couldn't think of a better way to spend an hour. The real winning soups were the Butternut Squash (which had a dollop of whipped cream on top and maple syrup) and the Guinness with Lamb and Winter Vegetables. I wouldn't recommend the Smoked Aligator Soup. Unless you like the flavour of the Mississippi River and ashtray. But, GO TO SOUP FEST next year. It's definitely worth 8 bucks. And it's for a GREAT cause.